The days in Winnipeg are getting longer, the patios are open and the smell of BBQs is in the air. That can only mean one thing – SUMMER!!!!
To celebrate all things warm, and delicious on the first official day of summer, we are creating our own little bucket list of the things we want to do this summer – SO fun!
- Create a cocktail using cucumber vodka and rosé: I recently bought a bottle of the former and absolutely love to drink the latter. Mixing them in some way can only be better, right?!
- Create a really great Signature Cindy Salad for dinner on those hot summer nights or that I can bring to summer potlucks. Besides greens, I’m thinking melons, berries, some stinky cheese and… something crunchy?
- Experiment with homemade popsicles!
- Continue to experiment with pizza on the BBQ – especially finding the perfect crust, as the one we used last year was almost as thick as foccacia!
- Since I’ll be travelling for 2 weeks in July on a road trip, I definitely want to make some great homemade snacks to bring along. Any suggestions?
- Make some deeeeelish ribs on the BBQ. I tried some mediocre ribs by Jamie Oliver last summer, but I really, really want to find ones that knock my socks off.
- Take a random day off and go to the beach. I haven’t been to a beach since March 2016…granted, it was in Australia, which was fab…but I def. want a day of sand between my toes and sun on my skin.
- Spend time relaxing in my backyard, with a freshly made mojito, made of mint harvested from my mint plant and maybe some blueberries and strawberries harvested from my plants, too…if they bear fruit.
- Plan a fun housewarming / birthday party in August….complete with a kick ass menu!
- Patio beers with good friends both in my back yard and out and about in Winnipeg.
- I have a bonus one – to really give my new convection oven and my kitchen a proper test run, I want to attempt to make a beautiful cake from a recipe I have never tried before…eeek!
What’s on your summer bucket list?